Flu Vaccine in Greater Manchester
Getting the flu vaccination is a great idea. Maybe you are worried about catching the flu, or you are concerned about having time off work. Or maybe you just want to make sure you do not pass it on to the more vulnerable members of your family. Whatever the reason, having the flu vaccine against this year’s strain of seasonal flu can give you protection and peace of mind. Find the nearest branch to you.
Who is eligible for the flu vaccine?
We give NHS flu jabs to people aged 18 years and older who are eligible to receive the jab for free.
– Adults 65 and over
– People with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
– Pregnant women
– People living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
– Frontline health or social care workers
Soon, the free service will be expanded to include anyone aged 50 or over.
If you do not qualify for a free NHS flu jab, we can still provide you with a private flu vaccination and this applies for both under and over 65s.
Who shouldn’t have the flu jab?
Most people can have a flu vaccine. However, there are a couple of exceptions:
– If you are currently unwell with a fever, you should delay getting the flu jab.
– If you have an egg allergy, speak to your GP or pharmacist before getting the jab.
Please speak to our pharmacy team about eligibility, how to get your NHS flu jab and how to book this service.
Private Flu Vaccines
In addition to our comprehensive NHS flu vaccine service, we also offer private flu vaccinations at Strachans Chemist in Greater Manchester. Opting for a private flu vaccine ensures that you can receive your vaccination quickly and conveniently, without any out-of-pocket expenses.
Use the calendar below to book an appointment
NOTE – Please choose the branch first